Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Advice on Connecting Desktop PC to LCD TV

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Batgirl1979

Batgirl1979

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

I want to connect my PC to my TV to use it as a monitor could someone tell me my options.
Thank you so much for your time.
If you need any further information don't hesitate to ask :)

Desktop: Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium Antivirus Software:
Avast Computer: ACPI X64 custom pc
CPU: AMD Athlon™ II X2 260
Processor Ram: 4.00 GB RAM
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
Case: Coolmaster

Posted Image

TV: Samsung 32" Model#UN32EH5300F
http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN32EH5300FXZA-specs

Posted Image
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zurenriri

Zurenriri

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:31 AM

It looks like you have an HDMI port on the back of your computer. Get an HDMI cable, plug one end into your computer, and another into one of your TV's HDMI ports, and you should be good to go.
If you don't have an HDMI cable you can get one on Newegg for under $10. Don't get conned into buying some name brand cable for over $40, all cables do exactly the same thing.

#3 The_Outkast

The_Outkast

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

Since you have a video card installed, you may not be able to use any of the integrated video ports. You might want to get a DVI to HDMI cable, or buy an HDMI cable and a DVI to HDMI adapter. How far is your TV from your pc?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users