Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MIME edit binary behaviour

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 skearton

skearton

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

Windows XP Home SP3
Internet Explorer 8

When visiting my companies OWA site on this particular machine I get an Active X prompt to "install mime edit binary behaviour". Once this installs I can no longer right click within the email, and when I type the letters type backward.. (drawkcab)

If I ignore the Active X everything seems to work fine. I have gone to internet options>security>Custom level> and disabled active X prompting. It still comes up. I have reset IE and deleted personal data. I have also removed all add ons from the add on section of IE. Tools>manage add ons> Show all add ons.

Is there a way to disable that prompt? Am I still infected? Combofix found a ton, rkill and malwarebytes removed a few infections as well, but it seems I am missing a step somewhere. That active x doesnt prompt on any of my other machines. My downloads folder is showing as empty, and anytime I download something it disappears.

Thank you.

Edited by skearton, 23 October 2012 - 10:37 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jimbob85

Jimbob85

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:46 AM

Please post your logs.

NOTE: We can't help with combofix logs but post the info anyway so that we have everything in one place to review if you have to be helped in the virus removal forum.

Please mention any changes since your last post as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users