Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ISP ip address problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Timescope

Timescope

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:23 AM

Hello Everyone,
Some months ago, Google informed me that my computer was sending automated queries and I also had problems registering at some forums, getting a "spammer" error message.I thought my machine was infected and did full scans with Microsoft Security Essentials, Malwarebytes, Superantispyware, Hijack This and on-line scans but found nothing.
Further investigation revealed that my ip address is in use by over 200 users listed in BotScout. I used instructions at whatismyip.com to change my ip address and the problem was resolved with BotScout.
The new ip address is now listed in BotScout with 229 users. I also have problems updating Windows with this isp and have to use my phone as a modem on another network to find updates but I can download them with the isp network.
I have contacted the company but was told that nothing can be done at present but the problem will be resolved in some months when the fiber optic cable is installed.
I would appreciate any suggestions to solve this problem.
The ip addresses in question are 41.205.230.190 and 217.20.255.98.

Thanks,
Timescope.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users