Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 laptop wifi connect but no internet

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 swale

swale

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

My pc was slowing down so I formatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows 7. All went well except one thing internet on wifi doesn't work. The rest of the toys in the house still connect through the router but the laptop does not. If the lan cable is plugged in the internet works. I used this to find the latest drivers for my laptops wifi card. Through the wifi I can enter the router settings but not externally to the internet. I'm thinking its something simple in the security setting Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,582 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

Did you install ALL drivers including the chipset driver? Open device manager - any yellow or red symbols?

#3 swale

swale
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

Yes all installed. I just uninstalled wifi adapter and restarted pc after restart installed wifi adapter and rebooted pic. When typing something into google it provided search results but wouldn't allow to link to results and then limited connectivity message came up.

#4 swale

swale
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:36 AM

I'm a bone head. Shouldn't have started that so late. Windows 7 64 bit operating system and I first used the 32 bit drivers all is well with the world now.

#5 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,582 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:10 AM

okay. Thanks for posting back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users