Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

java problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tierra93

Tierra93

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:22 PM

I ran Secunia several times today on both FF and IE. At first gave me 3 patches - all java but when I tried to install wouldn't and then would give me the following message when trying to run Secunia again : "There might be problems loading the Java Applet in your browser. If you are sure that Java is installed (version 1.6 or later) and functional, then please press OK and proceed anyway.

I reinstalled java and got it working again but then it tells me that I still need JavaJRE_7u9_32-bit_SPS.exe.part - I've tried running several times and it doesn't load and get the same message about java as above.

Is this a bad patch?

How can I fix everything. Do I need to totally uninstall and reinstall Java?

I have screen shots but can't find how to attach.

I just ran again and it now says I need Oracle Java JRE 1.7.x/.7.x is insecure but won't update it with the link tried multiple times.

Edited by Tierra93, 22 October 2012 - 02:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

Hi -
Can you look in Control Panel and find the Java Icon -

Click on this and when it opens, the second tab is Update - Click Update, and it will tell you if you have the latest version (7 Update 9) -

If you do not, it should update for you - Then remove all older versions from Programs and Features -

#3 Tierra93

Tierra93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

There is no update on my version.

The second tab is java with only tab view that has user and system

1st tab is general with about, network settings, settings and view

3rd tab is security, certificates

4th tab is advanced

nothing anywhere to update.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

It may be a good idea to remove your Java fully and start again - If you do, follow the second link -

Free Java Download Download Java for your desktop computer now! - Version 7 Update 9
Go to Programs and features and delete your Java - Next - Follow the directions above -

Or follow How do I manually download and install Java for my Windows Includes diagrams -

#5 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 976 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:17 AM

It may be a good idea to remove your Java fully and start again - If you do, follow the second link -

Free Java Download Download Java for your desktop computer now! - Version 7 Update 9
Go to Programs and features and delete your Java - Next - Follow the directions above -

Or follow How do I manually download and install Java for my Windows Includes diagrams -

Why does the download page say filesize is 854 kb? From my memory, the Java installers from Oracle or Java have been much larger. The version 7u7 installer was about 30MB size.
EDIT: Answered my own question. The link is for the offline installer.
EDIT: 29.7 MB for v7u9

Edited by cafejose, 23 October 2012 - 12:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users