- I will be helping with your computer problems.
- From this point on, it is very important that you refrain from doing anything else to your computer other than what I have requested of you.
- I do not mind if you browse the web, do basic tasks, or even test to see if the problem(s) you are experiencing are still occurring with the computer while we are working together, but do not run any tools/fixes unless I or another helper from this thread has asked you to do so.
- Remember that you came here for help, so allow us to help you
- If something does not run, make a detailed note of what problems you encountered along the way (exact error messages are preferred), but continue onto the next steps until you reach the end of my post.
- Always do the steps in the order they are listed in (left to right, top to bottom).
- I prefer that you complete all the steps while you are in Normal Mode. However, I understand that sometimes this is not possible. If you are unsuccessful in getting a tool/fix to run from Normal Mode, but Safe Mode works, then use Safe Mode.
- If you have a question about something, do not hesitate to ask.
Please download RogueKiller
to your desktop.
- Now rename RogueKiller.exe to winlogon.exe
- Double-click winlogon.exe to run.
- When it opens, press the Scan button
- When the scan is finished, press the Delete button.
- Post the contents of the latest numbered RKReport in your next message.
Please perform the following scan:
- Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
- A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
- Notepad will open with the results.
- Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
- Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control HERE