Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2010

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Bizitrac

Bizitrac

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:57 PM

Hey guys and gals. This is nothing serious in fact I'm just seeking some opinions but first a quick background. My OS died last week so I bought a sparkly new laptop yesterday which caused me to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7 and further, registered for the Windows 8 upgrade to be release Friday as I understand it. With the new lapy came the Office Home and Student package. Previously I had Office Pro 2007 and needless to say, being in business I'm extremely reliant on Outlook for its email, calendar and CRM. The new package dosent include Outlook however the guy who sold me the system advised that I wouldnt need it after the release of W8. So after the long winded background story my questions are;

1) what exactly (if anything) is it with W8 that potentially replaces Outlook as we know it?
2) if I'm currently Outlook dependant, will I still need Outlook 2010 after the new OS is released
3) any idea why a "genuine" Outlook 2010 download would be available on what appears to be a fairly reputable software site for $44 bucks but its $200+ from the Microsoft online store.

I dont mind paying for OL 2010 mind you it's just that after downloading something last week that fried my OS I'm a bit wary plus after shelling out for a new machine I dont want to buy additional software this week that may be obsolete or that I may never use after next week.

Thanks in advance
Cheers
Lloyd

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users