Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Colored patchwork when playing videos or games

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Matt Keiser

Matt Keiser

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

Ok. This is my first post here and I'm in dire need of help. I have an Acer Aspire 8930g laptop that for that past year or so was just sitting on a shelf due to what I thought was a bad video card. Well I finally laid down the $100 on ebay for a used one. It was listed as tested and working. Well I put it in my laptop and booted it up and it was with great delight that I saw my bios screen. I was super excited. I did a fresh install of win7 64bit edition and everything was working great. I got all my drivers from acer.com for the 64bit edition of windows 7. However, to my dismay, when i loaded the drivers for the NVIDIA geforce 9600m GT that i bought then restarted, I was greated with a weird colored patchwork all over the screen. I was able to log in though. Even worse, when i take a window and drag it, I get this weird static all over that window. I tried looking for an updated driver and installed that from nvidia.com and was happy when i restarted to see that the patchwork was gone. However, when i drag a window, watch a movie, or play a game, I still see this static. Everything will work if i disable or uninstall the drivers. I'm just unable to get the resolution or acceleration I need without the drivers. I have tried multiple drivers, OSs, BIOSes, and even underclocking the GPU, to no avail. Does anyone have any advice? Specs below.

Acer Aspire 8930g
NVIDIA 9600m GT
8gb ram
Win7 Ultimate 64bit
screenshots
Picture 1
Picture 2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users