Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

security cameras

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

HI,I was just sitting here at my PC and was thinking about the clarity of security cameras
and was wondering if that is related to like TV screens i.e. 720p,1080p and such because if
you watch on the NEWS channels some of the pictures are so bad you could not even recognize
your own mother on some of the screens,but then i suppose if you want a really good picture
all you need is more money then common sense,thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

Perhaps but I think many companies install security cameras and then forget about them. Anything will deteriorate if not properly maintained.

#3 Nanobyte

Nanobyte

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:21 PM

Many of the older systems are very low resolution by today's standards. Older stores probably still use VHS and the tapes have been overwritten continually for 20 years.

#4 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

HI,I went to GOOGLE and searched for security cameras and found that to possible get
good definition you would have to spend as much for one camera as you see advertised
for a complete system in stores,you know like over $300 per camera,then when you get into recording
it gets even worse because of the frames per second times 24hr a day,you could go thru 2TB of a HDD
in about a month unless you tweaked how it recorded on the DVR.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users