Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Turns off/shuts down for no apparent reason

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Victoria

Victoria

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

I am operating an Acer vista laptop. I normally use firefox but on occasion use IE when certain sites aren't compatible with firefox.

Several months ago my computer started to turn off for no reason. Then it stopped and I didn't worry about it anymore. Well it's doing it again. I will be on online and it shuts down all of a sudden for no reason. Once I walked away to do something and when I came back it was off. Today when it happened I restarted it and while it was restarting it turned off again. I ran the avast scan and found nothing. The super anti spyware found many items and quarantined them. I have even restored it to a previous date to see if that helped. It hasn't. I don't know if it matters but last week when this started up I did a disk clean and defrag. I even read that maybe my laptop is overheating and I should install speedfan. I went to youtube to see a tutorial on how set up the speed fan and when the installation finishes I get a message that says C:\ProgramFiles\Acer\Empowering Technology\edatasecurity\x64\libeay32.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. " Maybe my problem has nothing to do with overheating. I am going in all sorts of directions try to solve this on my own and figured you know best on this site what I should do instead of running around like a chicken without a head.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Victoria

Victoria
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

It's gotten worse. Now my computer won't even start in safe mode. When I try to restart it it goes through a process. A screen pops up and says computer unable to start. Start up repair is checking for problems. Then another screen pops up and says it cannot repair it automatically.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users