Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lots Of Ads I'm New Here

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 glennw

glennw

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 20 March 2006 - 06:36 AM

I dont know what all this stuff is about but hers what came up when I ran the hijack thing
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 09:59:13 PM, on 20/03/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\wmplayer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Rar$EX00.750\HijackThis.exe

R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [winlog] winlog.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: wmplayer.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: MCD - C:\WINDOWS\system32\h0l20a3oed.dll
O23 - Service: Network Monitor - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Network Monitor\netmon.exe (file missing)

Help me destroy the ad thing please
cheers Glenn

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 26 March 2006 - 02:01 PM

Hello glennw and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. Let's start out with the following. Please print these directionsand then proceed with the following steps in order.
  • Download l2mfix.exe and save it to your desktop.
  • Double click l2mfix.exe to start the installation.
  • Click the Install button to extract the files and follow the prompts.
  • Open the newly added l2mfix folder on your desktop.
  • Double click l2mfix.bat and select option #2 for Run Fix by typing 2 and then pressing the Enter key.
  • Press any key to reboot your computer.
After a reboot, your desktop and icons will appear, then disappear (this is normal). L2mfix will continue to scan your computer and when it's finished, Notepad will open with a log. Post that log along with any additional information as directed below.

IMPORTANT: Do NOT run any other files in the l2mfix folder until you are asked to do so!

Post the new L2m logs back here along with a new HijackThis log and I will review the information when it comes in.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users