Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Server 08 R2 remote clone?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mysticduck

mysticduck

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

Hi.

So I manage an 08 R2 server for a small insurance company. They have a few different offices around the state, and they all RDP into the server to acesss email and their insurance programs. They aren't on a domain or anything else fancy. What I would like to do is have another server located somewhere other than the main office that would be a direct backup of the main server: user profiles, programs, everything. I've looked at replication, which seems to only handle SQL stuff; and I've looked at failover clusters, which seems to only be for Hyper-V. I don't think DFSR will work either from what I have seen. I can't just have a bare metal backup uploaded somewhere to restore to the second server as the servers have different hardware. I'm open to non-microsoft options at this point, just want to be able to have a good backup so they don't ever see an extended period of downtime. I am hoping for an incremental backup solution as we are talking about ~300GB here.

Any and all input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Stultorum infinitus est numerus

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 The_Outkast

The_Outkast

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

A solution that we have used before is called Double Take Availability. I believe it may be somewhat expensive (I wasn't the one to purchase it, so I'm not sure the exact cost) but it may be within an acceptable range for your company.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users