Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pink screen background

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PGHinBKK

PGHinBKK

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:47 AM

Hey all!

This may not be the appropriate area for this problem, but since I don't know if it's hardware-bsed or software-based, I'll start here, and you mods, of course, please feel free to redirect it if necessary.

My trusty workhorse laptop, an Acer emachines D725, has been giving me a hot-pink screen background for about a year or so now. I hatge to take anything to the shops here, but it is finally getting on my nerves a little TOO much. The areas that should be white (like the background of a Word-doc page, or this text-window) are this hot-pink color.
Is there something I can do to try to remedy this, or does it sound like the issue is one for a shop?

Thanks all!
Life is strange......and then there's Thailand....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:47 AM

Hi,

If you can connect the laptop to an external monitor, check if the problem continues or not.
If the image is OK them the problem is the connection to the internal display or on the display itself, if you see the same result on the external monitor then the problem is on the graphics card, probably more difficult to solve/replace because normally the graphic card is included on the motherboard.

In any case you will need to visit a good repair shop to fix the problem.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 PGHinBKK

PGHinBKK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:50 AM

Sleepydude,

Yes the other day I plugged in my old CRT-type monitor to the laptop and the picture was fine. So it's the connection to the screen eh? Crap.....

I've heard of only one shop in this area that is halfway decent with laptops, so I'll give them a shot...(sigh)

If I sound overly dramatic, it's becuse describing the 'no hurry' attitude of workers here (with everything except driving and turning a line at a checkout-register into a mob) is simply impossible. I use this laptop daily, and hate to see them take their time at getting around to fixing it...one can walk into an empty shop, where the workers are watching TV and chatting, but when they take your unit they'll tell you how busy they are and how backed-up they are, etc...hopefully it won't take that long...

Thanks for your prompt reply...
Life is strange......and then there's Thailand....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users