Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Psguard And Winhound(related?) But Different Symptoms

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rachel86

Rachel86

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:00 AM

I run Ad-Aware almost everyday, everytime it says I have "malware.psguard", I delete it, it's back again. I have the Windows Defender Beta 2, every time it runs, I have winhound, but it can't be removed. I DID look at other posts on how to remove these before I posted this, but they all said that I would have pop ups and my desktop changed but I've never experienced any of this. I am however experiencing slower computer performance, and one time I got a really strange message that said "Don't close this window" or something to that effect. I also have McAfee Firewall and Virus Scan, newest versions and definitions. I did also run SpyBot Search And Destroy, it found winhound but couldn't remove it either. If all winhound and/or psgaurd does is try to get me to buy something, I'm not really too concerned, but is it likely this is related to my slow computer? It seems like I've been finding psgaurd since before this happened, and it seems to be getting worse. Thanks :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Supermart57

Supermart57

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:28 AM

This thread might be better placed here:

www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html

and if you can include a HiJackThis log it might help.
I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users