Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Samsung Galaxy s2

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 samuel3

samuel3

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

Hi. Earlier i dropped my Samsung Galaxy s2 in the bath its dried out. But the problem is no one can hear me when i call only on the loud speaker option i can hear them a little bit in the normal call

I found this

http://droidtricks.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/how-to-increase-or-boost-low-microphone.html

on how to boost the sound level but when i type that code in i press 5 [Audio] it says 'Caution!! Menu being blocked' So i cant go into the settings

Anyone know on how to fix this problem

I also get voice talk popping up randomly.. Its annoying and i dont know why it doing it

Cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

Since your phone has visited the spa(dropped in water), unless you have had it opened and inspected by technicians there is no way to know if it is completely dry inside including any moisture or condensation. They would need to do diagnostic tests to be sure the hardware was not damaged or compromised. If it was on when it was dropped it may have shorted circuits and done damage to the OS. It is impossible to know just what has happened internally. Any suggestions on how to repair the glitches you mention are guesses at best.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 samuel3

samuel3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:38 AM

Ok i left it in rice over night. OK I can hear people in the phone better now and they can slightly hear me when i talk but it stills need improving.. In the speaker its fine. Sounds sound fine. Camera is fine the voice talk app doesn't randomly pop up anymore what should I do to improve the sound where i talk into the phone?

#4 samuel3

samuel3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

voice record seems to pick up sound just not the phone??

#5 samuel3

samuel3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

ok so Ive done this

http://droidtricks.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/how-to-increase-or-boost-low-microphone.html

and it still does not work now im worried. What can i do now?

#6 samuel3

samuel3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:43 PM

wooo finally it all works now!!

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:09 AM

:thumbup2: Thanks for letting us know.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users