Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help required

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cutefriend

Cutefriend

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

Hi friends .
i want to edit some picture, actually the pictures are edited by me and overwrite and i want to restore them in orignal conditions
so can u guys guide me how can i restore them in orignal condition one of the picture i am posting below
in the below picture i want to remove the dark black line to restore the image in its original condition
Posted Image

please any type of help will be highly appreciated

regards

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,768 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

i want to edit some picture, actually the pictures are edited by me and overwrite and i want to restore them in orignal conditions

Since you edited them to begin with, where are the 'originals'? I never edit an original anything. I always create a copy then edit. That way if I make a mistake or change my mind I haven't ruined the only copy that exists.

I don't know of a way to restore the original pixels since they have been altered and saved in the altered fashion. At least I don't know of a way that doesn't require expensive forensics if it can be done.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Nanobyte

Nanobyte

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

Unless your name is J.Edgar Hoover RIP, you are probably out of luck. I went over the black with a colour picker and the RGB values where the writing may be are less than 6 and mostly 2 or less (out of 256). The variance is not enough to even determine what was written. That could be better found by holding up the original to a bright light.

I masked the black, removed anything not very black and filled that with red, result below. Click to enlarge

Posted Image

Not a lot there. Unfortunately I could not post as a png which shows the detail better.

Edited by Nanobyte, 20 October 2012 - 01:22 PM.

#4 code13

code13

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

There are some occurrences that displays the original(unedited photo) as a thumbnail.

#5 Nanobyte

Nanobyte

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

I'm not sure what you meant. Should there be two photos appearing in your first post? Could you explain further?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users