Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dark Souls...anyone playing?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,502 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

I recently purchased Dark Souls: Prepare to die for the PC and I have to say its awesome. Once you install DSFix and get that setup properly it looks awesome. You do need a xbox joystick for the game to really shine, but I was lucky enough to have one laying around.

Anyone else playing Dark Souls?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:22 AM

Seems you might be the only one playing it?
I read in MaximumPC, Thomas McDonald, he hates it. Didn't talk about the game much, mainly hates the graphics, the having to use a console controller. Didn't say much about the game itself. I'd give you a link, but I can't find it online. It's in the December '12 mag.
Is it strictly an online game? Like Diablo3 or Warcraft? I prefer games where I don't have to play online which is why I asked. I do play D3, wish it didn't have to be online. They do updates when I'm usually able to play and I get kicked off for several hours..
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,502 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:37 AM

It uses Games for Windows, so I guess its online, but its primarily a solo game. Other players can invade your game, and there is some coop, but you are mostly playing it solo.

The graphics do suck out of the box, but when you add a mod, it looks much better.

Attached File  8089983005_bd3ba76caf_b1.jpg   315.53KB   11 downloads

#4 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:24 AM

Thanks Grinler, I'll keep the game in mind when I'm ready to get my next one. :blink:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users