Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless authentication failed because of timeout

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KeeperRico

KeeperRico

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:21 AM

Hey everyone, I've got another networking problem i could use some assistance with. The wireless picks up the signal from the router but will not connect because of an error "Wireless authentication failed because of timeout". A run down of what I have done so far:
It is definitely the computer not the network because other computers can connect to it.
winsock and ip stacks reset
norton removal tool
install reinstall wireless adapter driver
deleted ~25 6to4 adapters
combofix

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Edited by KeeperRico, 19 October 2012 - 12:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 easyrider2

easyrider2

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

Hi,

provided that your wireless network adapter is working, check if your computer is set to obtain the IP address automatically. Then try to connect to any other wireless network from your computer (if you haven't got any other network in range, you can try using smartphone to create the temporary wifi access point).

If you can connect to any other network, check the settings on your router and make sure that it does accept new users on the network.

Let us know how did it work.

Best of luck.

#3 KeeperRico

KeeperRico
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

Yes its set to obtain ip address automatically, changing hotspots does not help still times out. Im going to try to change out wireless cards to see if that helps.

#4 KeeperRico

KeeperRico
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:05 PM

Update: Changed the wireless card out and I am now accessing the internet, thank you EasyRider2 for the help. I really appreciate it!

#5 easyrider2

easyrider2

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

Technology ;)

I am glad it's working now for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users