Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Run Time Error For Vundo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 glennw

glennw

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 19 March 2006 - 11:39 PM

Ive got ads popping up everywhere, Blackworm rears its ugly head, I check some of your forums and you suggest running Vundofix. when I tick the run vundofix as a task it says runtime error 5 invalid procedure
My computer needs an exocisim
Cheers Glenn

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 vika

vika

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 20 March 2006 - 06:05 AM

Please try manual or automatical removal of Blackworm, because it is extremely dangerous and rapidly spreading Internet worm, which propagates by e-mail via messages with infected attachments and through unprotected network shares. It must be removed immediately.

Good Luck ;) :thumbsup:

#3 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 20 March 2006 - 04:04 PM

Hi glennw!

I'm afraid that vika's instructions will not help you. The Vundo infection that i imagine you have gives notorius 'virus infection warnings', which are fake. The most famous is alerting that your system is infected with the 'BlackWorm virus, when in fact it isn't.

You said that you got a run-time error. If you follow the instructions in the thread and find that again the VundoFix program gives you this error, please paste it here in as much detail so we can decide what to do next. Also, can you tell me what OS you are running - the program doesn't work on 98*Grinler or earlier!

David

#4 glennw

glennw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2006 - 04:54 PM

Thanks trojanator
I ran vundofix and it said no infected files found, when I tick the task box it says runtime error '5' invalid procedure call or augument.
cheers Glenn

#5 glennw

glennw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:19 PM

I forgot to add Im using xp pro
Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic