Jump to content


 


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.


Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help


  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 user8675309

user8675309

  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

Your company has a branch location using an Ethernet hub network. Congestion issues are becoming a serious problem as the company adds more services to the network. Currently, each of the four floors has one or more hubs in a wiring closet supporting 30-35 computers except the ground floor, which has 65 computers. All 8 printers are plugged into the hubs also.
The four floors plug into an 8-port 10 Mbps switch that the company added earlier to reduce the congestion problems. Although that solution was a major improvement, it can’t keep up all of the time. The two servers and router to the Internet also connect to the 8-port Hub.
The branch cabling is relatively new and certified to CAT 5 standards. The company isnt interested in any major cabling changes at this time.
At least 75 percent of the 160 current workstations have NIC’s with 10, full-duplex capabilities but need to be updated. All laptop computers have the newer NIC’s. The other 25% of the computers have newer 10/100 full-duplex NIC’s.
The requirements include the following:
Replace all hubs with switches that are manageable.
Replace the 10 Mbps NIC’s for existing desktop PCs.
Each host connection should be 10/100 Mbps minimum can be higher.
What options are available for further enhancements in the future?
List all prices and where you found the reference to all products used.
What Hubs need to be replaced and Why? Are there higher bandwidth options for connecting the two servers? If so what options are there and at what cost to the company.
What options are there for the wireless connections for Laptops?
This is an exercise to get you to think outside of the box you might have to do some research and test what you have started to learn.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

 


#2 easyrider2

easyrider2

  • Members
  • 85 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, UK
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

? Is this your test question? :hysterical:

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

    Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)


  • Members
  • 16,485 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

It won't do you any good if someone here at Bleeping Computer supplies you with the answers.

The purpose of all of that is for YOU to think about it, research and come up with the answers on your own.

Bleeping Computer does not and will not do the work for you.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 20 October 2012 - 06:32 PM.


#4 Blade

Blade

    Strong in the Bleepforce


  • Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:US
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

While your desire to become Cisco certified is admirable, does it really mean anything if you don't put forth the effort? I see no evidence that you've attempted to figure this problem out on your own. Instead, you've chosen to paste the problem verbatim from a CCNA text.

I can safely say that no one who has the knowledge and put forth the work required to earn their own certification is going to hand you the answer on a silver platter for several reasons.

If you showed that you'd put in a significant amount of effort already you'd probably get a much more amenable response here.

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users