Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting Spammed With Opoups.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Audimurphy

Audimurphy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 19 March 2006 - 09:22 PM

I think its STOPzilla, but im not sure. Can somone help?

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 9:00:35 PM, on 3/19/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Stop-the-Pop-Up Lite\stopthepop.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\slserv.exe
C:\Program Files\UltraVNC\winvnc.exe
C:\Program Files\Ventrilo\Ventrilo.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Professional\Ad-Watch.exe
C:\Program Files\Panicware\Pop-Up Stopper Professional\PopUpStopperProfessional.exe
C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Alienware Guy\Desktop\hijackthis.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sureshotpopupkiller] "C:\Program Files\Stop-the-Pop-Up Lite\stopthepop.exe" -minimized
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [STOPzilla] C:\Program Files\STOPzilla!\STOPzilla.exe /autostart
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: InCD Helper (InCDsrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: SmartLinkService (SLService) - - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\slserv.exe
O23 - Service: VNC Server (winvnc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\UltraVNC\winvnc.exe" -service (file missing)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Audimurphy

Audimurphy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 22 March 2006 - 03:20 PM

Hello, i'm kind of bad when it comes to popups and spyware, virus's and what not. Im good with PCs though, so you dont need to draw it out w/ crayon if you dont feel like it. Anyways, one day my computer started acting up, like 5 minute start ups :thumbsup:, and getitng popups anytime i seem to open up a EXE, like counter strike, world of warcraft, almost anything. And while playing, i get popups about every 3 mins that makes my screen minimize. Also, I have a laptop, and because Im a gamer, i baught a seperate keyboard, and now it seems like every time i start up my PC, the onboard keyboard is typing when im not using it. Im not sure if its because of spyware/virus or the coke i spelt on it a week ago. Anyways Im getting popups, slow PC, and
random typing from my onboard keyboard. I think the popups are from STOPzill, hint the title of tread, and ive tried "fix checked" when checking it on hijack, and it come right back when i scan again. I have uninstalled the program, and deleted all the files connected.

Here is my HIjack log

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 3:13:57 PM, on 3/22/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Stop-the-Pop-Up Lite\stopthepop.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\slserv.exe
C:\Program Files\UltraVNC\winvnc.exe
C:\Program Files\Ventrilo\Ventrilo.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Professional\Ad-Watch.exe
C:\Program Files\Panicware\Pop-Up Stopper Professional\PopUpStopperProfessional.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Alienware Guy\Desktop\hijackthis.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sureshotpopupkiller] "C:\Program Files\Stop-the-Pop-Up Lite\stopthepop.exe" -minimized
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [STOPzilla] C:\Program Files\STOPzilla!\STOPzilla.exe /autostart
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: InCD Helper (InCDsrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: SmartLinkService (SLService) - - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\slserv.exe
O23 - Service: VNC Server (winvnc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\UltraVNC\winvnc.exe" -service (file missing)

Any help would be appreciated

#3 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 26 March 2006 - 12:12 PM

Hello Audimurphy and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. Everything in the log looks fine. I do not think that StopZilla would be causing any popups but if you have uninstalled it and deleted the folders then you can fix the entry in the HijackThis log to remove it. Before doing so you will need to disable AdWatch or it won't let the entry be changed.

Cheers.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users