Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Won't Work!! Keeps saying "Loading Window Files" over and over! Please help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 momtoautumnandzoie

momtoautumnandzoie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

Hi, this is my first time posting on a computer forum. I desperately need help! 1 year ago I stupidly opened a spam email that said it was from my mom, but obviously was not. I downloaded the file and immediately I got what I think is called, the blue screen of death. I deleted things from my computer after seeing online that there could be a bad file. I'm not sure what I deleted but I was then able to use my computer and internet, as long as I was in Safe mode with networking. Although the occasional blue screen would still show up every so often. I asked my stepdad to take a look at my computer yesterday. Well now it won't work at all. He said he restored the computer to an earlier date and now after I turn the computer on, I get a black screen that says "Loading window files" There's then like 10 or so lines of words that come up and then the screen says "files are loading" Then the screen goes back to the "loading files" screen and the "files are loading" screen. It does this over and over. I tried F12 and F8 and am able to get to the advanced help screen. I have tried clicking on several of the choices but after I click on a choice I get taken to the two files loading pages and the cycle continues. Please help me. I can't afford to get a new computer right now. Plus I really liked mine when it was working :) It's a Dell Inspirion

Edited by momtoautumnandzoie, 18 October 2012 - 10:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

Please...run the Dell Diagnostics package, as a first step.

Dell Diagnostics - http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/document?c=us&dl=false&l=en&s=gen&docid=A9E3A15597A04AFBB02EE16785D39C5C&doclang=en&cs=

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users