Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

COA sticker mostly unreadable

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 snglnluvnit

snglnluvnit

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

"Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1
Product Part No.: X15-37379
Installed from 'OEM' media."

Is what Magic Jelly Bean Keyfinder says. The system won't boot, and the COA is mostly unreadable. The key that MJB keyfinder gives me is clearly different from what is on the COA on bottom of laptop. So I first loaded Win 7 HP 64 bit, and got an Activation error, so I reinstalled using Win 7 HP 32 bit, and got the same error. Both installs were done with OEM discs. The machine was working prior to HDD failure, she just doesn't remember what exactly the OS was. What are her/my options to get her up and running without repurchasing a new COA.

Thanks,
Scott

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:52 AM

CD Key: Txxx6-VxxxD-Dxxx6-CxxxG-2xxx8 ......... My xxx editing (naturally)

Hi -
I just got this now with Magical Jellybean program in about 30 seconds -
Not sure what your problem exactly is, but I downloaded the program and hit Run > Run > and it gave me this ??

I have seen a few people have problems, but after they run it a few times, they get the key -

Download Speccy FREE >> and under Operating System, it will show you the Serial Number -

Good Luck -

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,902 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:06 AM

<<The key that MJB keyfinder gives me is clearly different from what is on the COA on bottom of laptop.>>

First...if it's a laptop, then it came with a specific key for a specific install of Windows...from the system manufacturer. It also came with either recovery disks...a directive for the user to make recovery disks...or a recovery partition and mechanism to use such. The manufacturer is the authority for the mechanics to be used for installing that version of Windows.

<<Product Part No.: X15-37379>>

A Google search reveals that (IMO) this may be an illegal, compromised version of Windows, with many hits on the Web. So, IMO, using any key reflected for the version you mention...is probably not going to produce successful, desired results.

<<...she just doesn't remember what exactly the OS was. What are her/my options to get her up and running without repurchasing a new COA.>>

Best advice I can give you is to contact the manufacturer of the system.

Note: Installing a version of Windows which is intended for a different OEM system (read "laptop", in this case) is clearly a violation of the terms of use issued by Microsoft.

This is also a violation of the BC forum rules, which are linked in my signature.

"No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences"

That being the case, this topic is now closed. If you have any questions about this administrative procedures...feel free to contact me via PM.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users