Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Network problems

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JustLukas

JustLukas

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

Hello community, I have a very strange occurrence in my computer and I will be asking your help in solving it. Every time after turning on the computer, in the beginning the wireless connection works as it should, however after between 1 to 30 min (the time is random) wireless connection disappears and it doesnt show any wireless networks available, even though there should be over 10. Do you have any ideas what I should do to fix this?

Thank you for your time,
Lukas.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

Try connecting only to your particular home network then see if the issue persist. I suggest cleaning your network profile and use only one network connection which is your home network.

Tekken

#3 JustLukas

JustLukas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

Thats not the case, there is a problem either with hardware or software. After some time, all the wireless connections disappear and it start to show that there are no connections. Without a restart I can not resolve the issue, tried reactivating wireless connection, used some cleaners to clean all unnecessary temp and reg files, tried even uninstalling tcp/ip driver, however it did not help. Though Ethernet always works when I plug it in, even when it shows that there are no connections.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

What computer model and or wifi adapter is it? One way to try is to update/reinstall the driver, unless its a faulty adapter, there is nothing we could do about it but to try replacing it. The distance or interference might come in second as a possible cause.

Tekken

#5 JustLukas

JustLukas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:35 AM

The computer is Asus X5MS and the adapter is Atheros AR9002WB-1NG. Updating it didnt help, but when after I reinstall it, for 10 min it finds again the connections, and after they disappear again. So there is definitely a problem with the software.

#6 emdad

emdad

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

Open your Wifi Connection Properties. Click on Configure. Remove the check sign from "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" power management.

#7 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:15 AM

Download MiniToolBox and select all options.
A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

Do you have a wireless software connection utility installed?

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users