Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is the best way to completely remove FixCleaner?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SHAWN KNERNSCHIELD

SHAWN KNERNSCHIELD

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

What is the best way to completely remove FixCleaner?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,074 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

Unless you're very knowledgeable with the registry. I would uninstall it while in safe mode and verifying it is not running prior to uninstalling it.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 SHAWN KNERNSCHIELD

SHAWN KNERNSCHIELD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

Do you know what the process or service name is that FixCleaner uses? Thank you for your help.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,074 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:49 AM

Unfortunately no I do not. I have limited knowledge of that application.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#5 Nanobyte

Nanobyte

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

Unless there is some unmentioned problem with Fixcleaner, why can't you use one of the better uninstallers such as Revouninstaller?

#6 SHAWN KNERNSCHIELD

SHAWN KNERNSCHIELD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

The Revo Uninstaller Freeware in safe mode worked like a charm and got the job done. Thanks everybody for your help.

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,074 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

Thank you for letting us know what you did to be successful in remedying your issue. :thumbup2:

And you're welcome on behalf of the Bleeping Computer community.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users