Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Download for eRAgent.exe

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 vjdetling

vjdetling

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

Hi!
I have an Acer laptop running Vista which had the eRAgent.exe removed. At this point I need to restore the computer to a factory default. When I bought the computer I used eRecovery to do this but can not access then now because I donít have the eRAgent.exe. Does anyone know where this file can really be downloaded? Iíve used Google to search for the download but have been lead to sites that claim to download the exe but substitute other programs instead when I try to download them.

Thank you,
VJ Detling

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

Have you looked on the Acer website? This is the USA one http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/home
This one is for everywhere else. Acer.com Worldwide - Select your local country or region

Once on the right one click on Support and pick Drivers and Downloads
And look for the eRecovery Application.

Or you can try these instructions. I don't have my Acer here to try with.

Acer System Recovery Partition Hotkey & Instructions (eRecovery)

Post by Doctor Inferno on Thu 12 Mar 2009, 10:04 am
To access the recovery partition on your Acer computer for recovery, follow the steps listed below.

1. Power on the computer
2. At the white ACER BIOS screen, hold the Alt key and press the F10 key simultaneously to start Acer eRecovery.
3. Once eRecovery has loaded, click Restore to Factory Default Settings
4. Click OK to continue
5. From here, the eRecovery process will update all the data on the C: drive and restore a fully functional factory image (approximately 10 minutes).
6. Once eRecovery has run, press OK to reboot unit

Note that all data will be lost during this process and your computer will be brought back to it's original factory state and settings.

When you get your computer up and running use the Acer Recovery disk application and make a recovery disk set. If You have those you can even recover to a new Hard Drive.

Good Luck

P.S. I deleted your duplicate post in Introductions.
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 17 October 2012 - 03:48 PM.
Content

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 vjdetling

vjdetling
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

I wish the process of restoring the Acer computer to the functional factory settings was that easy. Unfortunately the exe file Iím looking for is the one that operates eRecovery. Without it eRecovery doesnít work

All I get isĒ The item eRagent .exe that eRecovery refers to has been changed or removed so it no longer works.Ē

If you have an Acer computer would it be possible for you to upload the exe file so I can download it Ė assuming itís the right one for a Vista computer? (Acer no longer offers a download of this exe file). Or do you know where I can download it online?

VJ Detling

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

No, It came with win7. Not to mention that I believe that passing along a most likely copyrighted file is against our rules here. Have you talked to Acer support.
You keep saying eRecovery, is that from within Windows or from the Alt+F10 too.
The recovery partition should work irregardless of Windows Problems.

An Alternative if nothing else works is to see if Acer can sell you a set of recovery disks for your model.

I wish I could be more helpful.
Roger

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/

167 @ June 2015

#5 vjdetling

vjdetling
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

Thank you for your help. I was only party serious about having you download the exe file for me, though one of the suggestions on another site was to copy this file from another Acer Aspire 5570 for Vista and transfer it to the one that was missing one. I think that Acer used a different kind of Recovery system with older models such as the 5570. It was definitely an Acer file. It is not used any more. (at least that particular exe) and definitely is not on the Acer site... Using the Alt Key and F10 just produced a high pitch squeal the first time and a blue screen the second time. I can get to the eRecovery folder but the exe is missing.
Iíll probably have to get recovery disks for the Acer and have Staples wipe the drive for me and start over. Doing a system restore would have been a lot simpler and cheaper.
In the mean time, if anyone else read this and knows where to go to download eRAgent.exe, please le me know.

#6 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:23 AM

Just a note, If you get the recovery disks you do not need to have staples wipe the drive.

If you want to wipe a drive there are free programs that will do it. If you want to have them recover data files once again you can can do that. We help people do that all the time here. You just need a working computer to be able to get online.

I should also mention that if you are having problems it wouldn't hurt to check the hard drive to be sure it is OK.

Good Luck
Roger

167 @ June 2015

#7 vjdetling

vjdetling
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

I appreciated your information about the recovery discs and the state of the hard drive.
I just checked the Acer website and found that there is no Recovery disk available for my Acer. I guess itís just too old. Before I do anything with the Laptop, I need to make sure it is not infected with a virus that my Norton Internet Security system couldnít detect. The laptop is starting to exhibit some of the problems that my Dell Vista (one of the other computers on my network) was experiencing before I had the system wiped and put back on Ė including blue screens, and messages such as ďHost process for windows services stopped working and was closedĒ and ďa malfunctioning or malicious add-on has caused Internet Explorer to close this websiteĒ So far the internet just turns itself off and then back on Ė but that was the pattern with the Dell too, finally ending up with the internet not working at all. If the laptop messages are not from a virus, I can use my Norton Ghost program to revert to a time this summer when I was not getting blue screens or error messages.
Thank you,
VJ Detling

#8 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

Ok in that case since you suspect Malware go to this forum and have the system checked out and cleaned. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum103.html

Am I infected? What do I do?

You never thought that it could happen to you, but it did. You went out and got infected with a nasty bit of malware that has dug its smelly claws into the very bowels of your computer. Fret not, for help is at hand! Use this forum to vanquish the evil intruder!
No DDS, HijackThis, or ComboFix logs should be posted in this forum.

They'll take of you.

Good Luck
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 18 October 2012 - 02:29 PM.

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users