Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP 4070 scanner and Image Zone

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jack Flash

Jack Flash

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

My XP Professional has used the HP 4070 Scanner and its Image Zone software effectively for a couple of years. But last week when I tried to scan I received the message "HP.CUE.Gallery.ImageManager.Keywords" that "threw an exception." I have found many references to it covering the past five years or so, and several solutions that did not work. I Googled the message which resulted in many entries but no solutions. Has anyone found a way to make things work again? Jack

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

Uninstall all printer software...then reinstall same. Software is probably damaged.

Louis

#3 Jack Flash

Jack Flash
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:36 AM

Hi Louis.... I followed your instructions twice but saw no change. Then I got rid of all the scattered HP software (scanner, printers, etc) just in case and tried installing again with no success. So I ran AVG while the HP installation disk #1 was in the DVD drive. It identified eight different malware files with names like Moozy, FakeAlert.gen, pbhotbar.searchassistant, defender.pav, BaiduBar and dyfuca.internetoptimizer. They were in HP folders setup.exe and Media. I do not know if they were mistakenly identified as malware by AVG or how they showed up on the installation disk. Is it possible to write extra files to an installation disk? AVG stated that it destroyed them, and when I ran it again there was no trace of them. Have you ever run into this kind of thing before? I have no idea what to do next except maybe start looking for another scanner that will do 35mm slides, since this one seems to have an incurable disease. Thanks... Jack

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

<<Have you ever run into this kind of thing before?>>

Not sure what you are referring to. The topic is about one thing, you throw in info about running AVG scans and also ask about "installation disks".

Louis

#5 Jack Flash

Jack Flash
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

H: The problem centers on the scanner (HP4070) locking up tight when I attempt to use its own HP Image Zone software. At that point it delivers an error message that says, "HP.CUE.Gallery.ImageManager.Keywords" "threw an exception." I agree with your first assessment, that there is a software problem of some kind. The AVG scans are intended to identify a possible software problem and several pieces of malware were discovered on the original HP scanner installation disks. So my scanner still doesn't work and it sounds like you can't help much. But thanks for the try.... Jack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users