Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Newegg.com Payments

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jorbo7

jorbo7

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 19 March 2006 - 06:28 PM

Hey guys, I have been wanting to order off newegg for a while now, but I don't have a valid credit card. I can use checks, but I saw that they accept 'pre-paid checks' only. But I don't have any idea what a pre-paid check is. So my question is does newegg.com accept regular checks, and if not could someone explain to me what a pre-paid check is, thax.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 19 March 2006 - 06:35 PM

Set yourself up a PayPal account. It will draft straight from your checking account. You could also go to your bank and purchase a Money Order or Cashier's Check.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2006 - 11:59 PM

Get a Visa check card from your bank. It is not a credit card but is recognized as one by vendors. Most banks will issue one if you have a checking account. It has the protection against fraudulent charges like a credit card does and some banks give you a small percentage of what you spend with it back.

Unlike Paypal's charge per use or financing charges at a merchant there is no high interest charge as the funds come directly out of your checking account.

Edited by Enthusiast, 20 March 2006 - 12:01 AM.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,109 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2006 - 01:09 AM

You can pay by mailing them with a personal check, as alaways you just have to wait for it yo clear before shipping will occur. .

http://www.newegg.com/CustomerService/FAQD...l167#xdetail167

You can place an order and pay by check or money order by clicking the "Continue" button "pre-paid check" in the "Check or Money Order" section of the payment page. You will then be instructed on how to proceed with your order. Basically, you'll have to write the order number on your check, print your confirmation, wrap the check or money order in it and send it to:

Newegg.com
16839 E. Gale Ave.
City of Industry, CA 91745
Ref: so# (write order number here)

We must receive your payment within 7 days of the day you placed your order, or your order will be cancelled.

A PrePaid check is a bank check, pre paid company check, travellers cheque (AMEX) or money order... these clear not much faster than a personel check.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 20 March 2006 - 07:28 AM

PayPal does not charge the consumer. I have never paid a fee to PayPal.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users