Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Networking problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 attak sekwence

attak sekwence

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

I just built a media PC and I am trying to connect to our home network. when I enable windows zero config to be the network manager I keep clicking rescan for networks and sometimes I see my network sometimes I dont. The same thing for all my neighbors networks. when I try to connect it attempts to detect the network type and then says windows in unable to connect. The selected network may be out of range.

When using the connection manager that came with the driver for my card (RAconfig) I can see and connect to network but after about 5 seconds it disconnects for about 1 second and reconnects. It shows my signal strength as 78-82%, link quality as 86-95%, and noise floats between 16% and 70%. when it is connected windows also shows very good connection but is stuck aquiring network address and the RAconfig is displaying my IP address and submask as 0.0.0.0.

wireless card is rosewill RNX-G300LX
motherboard is ASRock a785GM-LE
windows Xp professional SP2 (havent been able to update)

as a sidenote where this media PC is currently sitting 4 feet away from 2 other machines using wireless with no issues whatsoever. *cough cough* but those run win7 and linux *cough cough*

Edited by attak sekwence, 16 October 2012 - 09:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 attak sekwence

attak sekwence
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

I installed the card in my windows vista desktop and had solid Internet in no time so it isn't hardware

#3 easyrider2

easyrider2

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

Are you using static or dynamic routing? If static, make sure that the subnet mask is the same as your router's (default gateway). You can check this by clicking Start - type cmd and then ipconfig/all If in doubt, post here the screen print.

Either way, make sure your router and your pc adapter are within the same range of channels.

You may also go to Start - type cmd and then ipconfig/renew

Let us know if it's working.

Best of luck.

Edited by easyrider2, 20 October 2012 - 05:54 PM.

#4 attak sekwence

attak sekwence
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

sorry to leave you hanging I've been busy with the military this topic is dead though I'm currently installing windows 8 since they had such a good deal on it

#5 easyrider2

easyrider2

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

Good decision ;)Hopefully you will not have this problem anymore (fingers crossed.

Regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users