Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I think I have an infection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tubbythebear

tubbythebear

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

Running Win 7 Pro 32 bit, all updates that I know of current.

Started having a lot of minor problems on about 10/13/12. It appeared there was a lot of internet activity when there shouldn't have been. But now it seems normal.

Using Comcast Norton Security Suite. I had version 5.2.x, which had apparently not updated to 6.x. Tried to run the LiveUpdate and nothing happened. Found out version 6 was out so went to Comcast to update. Update installed, but would not run LiveUpdate. So I got Norton removal tool, removed it, then reinstalled. LiveUpdate worked. Did a scan that found nothing significant - just tracking cookies. More weird stuff happened, so I tried to run it again, but would not do LiveUpdate. Ran scan in Safe Mode - nothing found. Ran the Norton rootkit tool - nothing found. Ran Trend Micro and Eset NOD32 online scans - nothing found.

Weird things happening:

LiveUpdate does not always work
Monitor resolution kept changing to lower resolution - now can't change at all (have ATI catalyst card).
No system restore points prior to 10/14 (2 total). Used to be more.
Firefox 10.0.8 or 16.0.1 opens with 2 windows and goes to httpS://www.google.com (secure) instead of http://www.google.com that it should go to.
Roboform does not show up in either Firefox or Internet Explorer as it should.
Firefox - all extensions are gone. Can't even find Extensions folder.

Unfortunately I don't have a system image prior to 10/14 when weekly backup done using Windows backup. Not enough disk space to save prior images, so image available is probably corrupted. Don't know how to keep a particular prior image.

Any and all help is appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,924 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

Hello. leys repost this description with a DDS log in a new topic,
Please follow this guide.

Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools

Let me know if that went well/
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users