Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking For Complete Guide...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MatreX

MatreX

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 19 March 2006 - 06:01 PM

Im looking for a complete guide on how to fully reformat my computer, one that i cant print out.
Its just my computer is so messed up with junk and things that wont go away, ive tried everything.

So if somone could just give me a GOOD, Printable guide to doing this i would be very greatful.. Im going to continue my search now. Thank you
Current Sig:
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 19 March 2006 - 07:00 PM

There are a great many guides on the net, and the ability to print them has a lot to do with how good you are at using a word processor and including such things as pictures.

Here is one.

Here is another.

Before you reinstall, you should have a few things ready. First, you need to back up things you don't want to lose. Include such things as your favorites, emails, pictures, address book and so on.

Second, you'll need your product key, which is often on the side or back of your case, or on the bottom of your notebook.

If you have a commercial computer brand that uses restore disks or a partition with the operating system, you should go to their website for instructions for your particular model.

You should have an antivirus program and firewall ready to install before you go online. And you should install and regularly use such programs as Spybot Search and Destroy, Ad-Aware, and Windows Defender.

In addition, you need to be sure you have all the drivers you need to install your system - such things as printer software and drivers, video card drivers, motherboard drivers, and so on.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 20 March 2006 - 09:35 AM

I refer folks to Herk's links all the time. Also, here's another two that come in handy:

Windows Reinstall: http://www.windowsreinstall.com/

Paul Theriot's WinSupersite: http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/ You've gotta search the page for your version and the word "install". Lot's of good pictures tho'.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users