Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem getting new machine to start

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bm808

bm808

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

Hi there, just want to say thanks in advance. I just bought the parts for a new computer and have run into something of a snag getting it going.

So, quickly some specs for my computer.

MB is MSI 760GM-P23 (FX) AMD Series Motherboard - Micro ATX, Socket AM3+, AMD 760G, 1333MHz DDR3, SATA II (3Gb/s), RAID, 7.1-CH Audio, Gigabit LAN, USB 2.0

CPU is a AMD HDZ955FBK4DGM Phenom II X4 955 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB L3 Cache, 2MB L2 Cache, 3.20GHz, Socket AM3, 125W

GFX Card is a EVGA GeForce GT640 2GB

PSU is 650W

SO, I throw everything together, yadda yadda yadda. Press the power button, LED for the power lights up, CPU fan whirs, GFX card fan whirs...monitor says "no signal." Try the monitor connection, it's fine. Restart the PC. Still no dice. Plug the monitor into my laptop, works fine instantly, display pops up all that good stuff. Then, I remove the GFX card from the mobo and plug the monitor into the onboard video slot, something something override and all of that. Still no luck - just "no signal." I have checked all the connections, there is clearly power going to the motherboard and the monitor...what gives? Any advice? Thanks a lot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bm808

bm808
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

Update, received this message from tech support:

dear customer, to try to resolve this problem please disconnect everything non essential on the motherboard, only have vga, 1 memory stick, processor + heatsink and psu with both power plugs connected to the board, before powering up remove the cmos battery from the board for 3 minutes, after reinstall cmos battery, you may then power up and verify if any signal is present of the monitor. to continue troubleshooting test each memory module individually, the problem is persistent then you may have a issue with your board, if so you may submit a warranty claim to have it inspected by visiting our website. us.msi.com. Thank you.

Will update after I get the chance to try removing/replacing the cmos battery

#3 supawiz6991

supawiz6991

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

Have you tried the on-board video? Even though the add-on graphics card should work right away it is possible that it isn't I would also recommend that you make sure all of your cables are plugged in. Make sure your Four (4) pin CPU power lead is plugged. If that cable isnt plugged in, it would cause the same symptoms your describing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users