Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Artis Hughes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 82_bleepingirl

82_bleepingirl

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:38 AM

Artis Hughes age 59, a 22-year veteran bus driver of Cleveland, was suspended after a video went viral of him hitting a 25 yr old female passenger. Because he refused to let her ride for free..she stood next to him while he drove..cussing and arguing and eventually choking, hitting and the final straw..spit in his face.. at that point he lost it.

How do you feel about what happened? As for me.. I think she should do a few years in prison and he should sue her for loss of wages.

Fox news interviewed her, calling her a victim.... she assaulted him but yet she is a victim? No one believes it's right for men to hit women ..but it is my opinion that anyone can be pushed to a point where they lose control. Youtube the video ..there are two versions and watch both if you haven't already seen it... If you agree that he should not lose his job..please sign the petition..
https://www.change.org/petitions/cleveland-transit-authority-give-bus-driver-his-job-back-2

Edited by 82_bleepingirl, 16 October 2012 - 01:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

I woulda just kicked her out of the bus, but we got to look at it this way, that bus driver, is driving a very large vehicle full of people. She was hitting, yelling and cussing at him, she is now putting the other passengers lives at risk, all it takes is that driver losing control for a second, and everyones dead. He should have stopped the bus, and forced her to leave. If nothing else call the cops. . .if not possible physically removing her from the vehicle.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:22 AM

the_patroit, makes a very valid point here, It was The bus drivers responsibility to maintain control of the bus and passangers.

Now I'm not without sympathy or understanding for this driver and what he has to deal with on a daily basis.

I know his world very well,I'm a para-professional( $50.00 word for bus driver..LOL) myself only on a smaller scale( I transport challenged kid's to and from school) At times the challenge is behavioral issues,so i've dealt with rowdy 9 year olds exiting my van and fist fighting in the middle of the street at one of the student's homes(no parent in sight)and having to convience one of the student's to get back in the van,because it's my job to see to the welfare of my passenger's, it's also my job to do this in as safe a manner as possible..ie the van doesn't move until i've regained control of my passenger's....I've seen it all, from this to the "Hateful evil devil child"( and she earned this title honestly!!) at 14 years old she had burned thru 20 aides who swore they'd quit if they ever had to deal with this child ever again!!...she got into my van and then proceeded to sucker punch another student in the face....here agin it's my job to maintain control of my passenger's and the safety of them all....these incident's put you behind schedule and we all have to keep a schedule.....so i do understan the pressure's that Mr. Hughes is under...BUT that bus should have remained parked until this passenger was removed by the police.. this woulf have been his safest option IMHO.

RESPECTFULLY

MissPlaced

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#4 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

This is why buses in London have shields on the cabs.

I signed the petition. Dumb "victim"
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users