Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Replacement screens

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 delease

delease

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:35 AM

Working on a Toshiba Satellite L645D-S4030 laptop for a friend. Had some overheating issues ( cpu fan was clogged ) & a monitor issue. From what i gathered the monitor is dying as i get a normal picture when I hook the laptop up to an external monitor.

This is where the problem comes in. This is my first time replacing a monitor and frankly, i ain't got a clue for legit retailers lol. Toshiba sent me to their 3rd party site they use and that site ( http://www.nationalparts.com/product.aspx?ProductID=100364 ) wanted $150 for the screen, with only a 120 day warranty.

I found one site ( laptopscreens dot com ) and though it was nice but had concerns when i found out it is the same company as screencountry dot com...which imho seems fishy. Along with ME being responsible for S&H if I have to RMA its one company, two different domain names. But what keeps me looking is well the price. $55 for the monitor, 15 for shipping, 3 year warranty.

Does anyone have and past history with this company by chance?
Or can recommend some retailers?

edit: figured this was the best sub forum for this post, if not then sorry

Edited by delease, 16 October 2012 - 12:42 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users