Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Using 11G of internet when I should be using 3G?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 computerfunguy

computerfunguy

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

Hello. I am working on a friends pc. The only info she told me is...,
That the past month she has used 11GB of internet using the wifi tethering from her phone. Normally she says she only uses like 3GB so there is something wrong and she has the phone company looking into as well. So what do u think is going on? any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SlickTrick

SlickTrick

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:10 AM

The first thing I would check is to verify that your wifi connection is secured. If it is open, someone can use your connection.

If it is secured, I know there is some malware in existence that uses your bandwidth for part of a bot-net. You may want to ask in the Malware help section for this.

Is it possible that your friend is actually using this bandwidth? For instance, if you were to watch ~8 HD movies you would be getting close to that level of bandwidth consumption.

#3 computerfunguy

computerfunguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:52 PM

thanks i will try this and give you feedback. thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users