Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP3 Very Slow Boot Time

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 streim

streim

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

Ever since I did my Windows Updates on Thursday 10/10, I've had extremely slowwwwwwwwwww and awkward boots. I've run a virus scan Avast Internet Security 7.0.1466, ran MBam (up to date), did an autoruns and found the jusched.exe file and unchecked it (according to your start-up tutorial.)
I know something is definitely wrong so I just did a system check and something (GRRR) changed the name of my system and turned off my system restore.
I have spent hours (in the past 3 days) here at BC reading anything and everything I could that may help me before I decided to post.
Please help... I'll check back soon.

system information:
Custom built
Asus motherboard
AMD XP 2600+
1.91 GHz, 2.00 GB RAM
Avast Internet Security 7.0.1466
Malwarebytes

In the world we live in "Apathy is the acceptance of the unacceptable"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

Is it slow booting in safemode and how significantly slow do you mean when it boots up? Can you post the autorun log next time?

Tekken

#3 streim

streim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

Yes it boots in safe mode fairly well, just a tad slower. When I mean "slow" it's like 5-8 minutes (depending on virus definitions updates). Tried to attach autorun log for you and it wouldn't allow me. Should I use Speccy to send it to you?
Thank you for responding.

Also... whenever I am online like now, it seems to be constantly downloading information. Easier put (for me), that darn red light is just a clicking away.

#4 streim

streim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:22 PM

I posted my initial topic several days ago. I had one response, which I responded to but no answer. My system seems to be getting stranger everyday. I am beginning to think I've been hit by some kind of bug. I don't know what! My system boot times are very slow (5-8 mins), my system restore was disabled, etc.
I did run a full scan using my Avast Internet Security 7.0.1466 and current scan with MBam and both came up clean. I read all the tutorials about start-up issues and did find the jusched.exe file on start-up and unchecked it,
I have spent hours on here reading everything I could before I decided to post initially.
I don't know much about computers I am finding out and it seems there are so many new "bug" out there everyday. Please if someone could help me, I would be very happy.
Thank you.

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

Post the speccy and autoruns if possible please.

Tekken

#6 streim

streim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

I hope this is what you needed. I honestly don't know a lot about computers. Thank for any help you can offer!

Speccy Information that you asked for

#7 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

Wrong Speccy report.- Redirect website.

Tekken

#8 streim

streim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

I am honestly very sorry. I will redo and send with next post. Maybe I'll do a bit of reading on how to send before I do it. Thank you so much for being patient with me.

#9 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:14 AM

Hi - This may help -

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy <<Follow These Directions

#10 streim

streim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/Q5YdYNhXFjjuOyqsyzEIvw2

#11 streim

streim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\Wds\rdpwd\StartupPrograms" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\AppSetup" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System\Scripts\Startup" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System\Scripts\Logon" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System\Scripts\Logon" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\VmApplet" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System\Scripts\Shutdown" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System\Scripts\Logoff" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System\Scripts\Logoff" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy\Scripts\Startup" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy\Scripts\Shutdown" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\Shell" "" "" ""
"HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\Shell" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\AlternateShell" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Taskman" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Terminal Server\Install\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Runonce" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Terminal Server\Install\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\WinStations\RDP-Tcp\InitialProgram" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" "" "" ""
+ "Adobe ARM" "Adobe Reader and Acrobat Manager" "(Verified) Adobe Systems" "c:\program files\common files\adobe\arm\1.0\adobearm.exe"
+ "avast" "avast! Antivirus" "(Verified) AVAST Software" "c:\program files\avast software\avast\avastui.exe"
+ "StartCCC" "Catalyst® Control Center Launcher" "(Not verified) Advanced Micro Devices, Inc." "c:\program files\ati technologies\ati.ace\core-static\clistart.exe"
X "SunJavaUpdateSched" "Java™ Update Scheduler" "(Verified) Oracle America" "c:\program files\common files\java\java update\jusched.exe"
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce" "" "" ""
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" "" "" ""
"C:\Documents and Settings\Stephanie\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\Load" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\Run" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "" "" ""
+ "Internet Explorer Version Update" "IE Per User Active Setup Uninstall Utility" "(Not verified) Microsoft Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\ieudinit.exe"
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\IconServiceLib" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce" "" "" ""
"HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Terminal Server\Install\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Runonce" "" "" ""
"HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Terminal Server\Install\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows CE Services\AutoStartOnConnect" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows CE Services\AutoStartOnConnect" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows CE Services\AutoStartOnDisconnect" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows CE Services\AutoStartOnDisconnect" "" "" ""
"HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Protocols\Filter" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Protocols\Filter" "" "" ""
"HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Protocols\Handler" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Protocols\Handler" "" "" ""
"HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\Components" "" "" ""
X "0" "" "" "File not found: About:Home"
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad" "" "" ""
"HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Classes\*\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Classes\*\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
+ "avast" "avast! Shell Extension" "(Verified) AVAST Software" "c:\program files\avast software\avast\ashshell.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Classes\*\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Classes\*\ShellEx\PropertySheetHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Classes\*\ShellEx\PropertySheetHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Classes\*\ShellEx\PropertySheetHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Classes\AllFileSystemObjects\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Classes\AllFileSystemObjects\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
+ "00avast" "avast! Shell Extension" "(Verified) AVAST Software" "c:\program files\avast software\avast\ashshell.dll"
+ "MBAMShlExt" "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" "(Verified) Malwarebytes Corporation" "c:\program files\malwarebytes' anti-malware\mbamext.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Classes\AllFileSystemObjects\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Classes\AllFileSystemObjects\ShellEx\DragDropHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Classes\AllFileSystemObjects\ShellEx\DragDropHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Classes\AllFileSystemObjects\ShellEx\DragDropHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Classes\AllFileSystemObjects\ShellEx\PropertySheetHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Classes\AllFileSystemObjects\ShellEx\PropertySheetHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Classes\AllFileSystemObjects\ShellEx\PropertySheetHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Classes\Directory\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Directory\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Classes\Directory\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Classes\Directory\Shellex\DragDropHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Directory\Shellex\DragDropHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Classes\Directory\Shellex\DragDropHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Classes\Directory\Shellex\PropertySheetHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Directory\Shellex\PropertySheetHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Classes\Directory\Shellex\PropertySheetHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Classes\Directory\Shellex\CopyHookHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Directory\Shellex\CopyHookHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Classes\Directory\Shellex\CopyHookHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Classes\Directory\Background\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Directory\Background\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
+ "ACE" "AMD Desktop Control Panel" "(Not verified) Advanced Micro Devices, Inc." "c:\program files\ati technologies\ati.ace\core-static\atiacmxx.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Classes\Directory\Background\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Classes\Folder\Shellex\ColumnHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Folder\Shellex\ColumnHandlers" "" "" ""
+ "PDF Shell Extension" "PDF Shell Extension" "(Verified) Adobe Systems" "c:\program files\common files\adobe\acrobat\activex\pdfshell.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Classes\Folder\Shellex\ColumnHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Classes\Folder\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Folder\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
+ "avast" "avast! Shell Extension" "(Verified) AVAST Software" "c:\program files\avast software\avast\ashshell.dll"
+ "MBAMShlExt" "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" "(Verified) Malwarebytes Corporation" "c:\program files\malwarebytes' anti-malware\mbamext.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Classes\Folder\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Classes\Folder\ShellEx\DragDropHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Folder\ShellEx\DragDropHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Classes\Folder\ShellEx\DragDropHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Classes\Folder\ShellEx\ExtShellFolderViews" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Folder\ShellEx\ExtShellFolderViews" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Classes\Folder\ShellEx\ExtShellFolderViews" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Classes\Folder\ShellEx\PropertySheetHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Folder\ShellEx\PropertySheetHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Classes\Folder\ShellEx\PropertySheetHandlers" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers" "" "" ""
+ "00avast" "avast! Shell Extension" "(Verified) AVAST Software" "c:\program files\avast software\avast\ashshell.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Ctf\LangBarAddin" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Ctf\LangBarAddin" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects" "" "" ""
+ "Adobe PDF Link Helper" "Adobe PDF Helper for Internet Explorer" "(Verified) Adobe Systems" "c:\program files\common files\adobe\acrobat\activex\acroiehelpershim.dll"
+ "Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper" "Java™ Platform SE binary" "(Verified) Oracle America" "c:\program files\java\jre7\bin\jp2ssv.dll"
+ "Java™ Plug-In SSV Helper" "Java™ Platform SE binary" "(Verified) Oracle America" "c:\program files\java\jre7\bin\ssv.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\UrlSearchHooks" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions" "" "" ""
"Task Scheduler" "" "" ""
+ "Adobe Flash Player Updater.job" "Adobe® Flash® Player Update Service 11.4 r402" "(Verified) Adobe Systems Incorporated" "c:\windows\system32\macromed\flash\flashplayerupdateservice.exe"
+ "avast! Emergency Update.job" "avast! Emergency Update" "(Verified) AVAST Software" "c:\program files\avast software\avast\avastemupdate.exe"
+ "GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore.job" "Google Installer" "(Verified) Google Inc" "c:\program files\google\update\googleupdate.exe"
X "RMAutoUpdate.job" "" "" "File not found: C:\Program Files\PC Tools\PC Tools Registry Mechanic\SULauncher.exe"
X "RMSchedule.job" "" "" "File not found: C:\Program Files\PC Tools\PC Tools Registry Mechanic\RegMech.exe /SS"
"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services" "" "" ""
+ "AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc" "This service keeps your Adobe Flash Player installation up to date with the latest enhancements and security fixes." "(Verified) Adobe Systems Incorporated" "c:\windows\system32\macromed\flash\flashplayerupdateservice.exe"
X "AppMgmt" "Provides software installation services such as Assign, Publish, and Remove." "" "File not found: C:\WINDOWS\System32\appmgmts.dll"
+ "ATI Smart" "ATI Smart" "" "c:\windows\system32\ati2sgag.exe"
+ "avast! Antivirus" "Manages and implements avast! antivirus services for this computer. This includes the resident protection, the virus chest and the scheduler." "(Verified) AVAST Software" "c:\program files\avast software\avast\avastsvc.exe"
+ "avast! Firewall" "Implements main functionality for avast! Firewall" "(Verified) AVAST Software" "c:\program files\avast software\avast\afwserv.exe"
+ "gupdate" "Keeps your Google software up to date. If this service is disabled or stopped, your Google software will not be kept up to date, meaning security vulnerabilities that may arise cannot be fixed and features may not work. This service uninstalls itself when there is no Google software using it." "(Verified) Google Inc" "c:\program files\google\update\googleupdate.exe"
+ "gupdatem" "Keeps your Google software up to date. If this service is disabled or stopped, your Google software will not be kept up to date, meaning security vulnerabilities that may arise cannot be fixed and features may not work. This service uninstalls itself when there is no Google software using it." "(Verified) Google Inc" "c:\program files\google\update\googleupdate.exe"
+ "gusvc" "gusvc" "(Verified) Google Inc" "c:\program files\google\common\google updater\googleupdaterservice.exe"
+ "hpqcxs08" "HP CUE Context Manager Objects" "(Not verified) Hewlett-Packard Co." "c:\program files\hp\digital imaging\bin\hpqcxs08.dll"
+ "hpqddsvc" "This service detects and monitors CUE devices on the system." "(Not verified) Hewlett-Packard Co." "c:\program files\hp\digital imaging\bin\hpqddsvc.dll"
+ "MozillaMaintenance" "The Mozilla Maintenance Service ensures that you have the latest and most secure version of Mozilla Firefox on your computer. Keeping Firefox up to date is very important for your online security, and Mozilla strongly recommends that you keep this service enabled." "(Verified) Mozilla Corporation" "c:\program files\mozilla maintenance service\maintenanceservice.exe"
+ "Net Driver HPZ12" "Dot4Net Module" "(Not verified) Hewlett-Packard" "c:\windows\system32\hpzinw12.dll"
+ "Pml Driver HPZ12" "PmlDrv Module" "(Not verified) Hewlett-Packard" "c:\windows\system32\hpzipm12.dll"
+ "SoundMAX Agent Service (default)" "SoundMAX service agent component" "(Not verified) Analog Devices, Inc." "c:\program files\analog devices\soundmax\smagent.exe"
"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services" "" "" ""
+ "Aavmker4" "avast! Asynchronous Virus Monitor" "(Verified) AVAST Software" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\aavmker4.sys"
+ "aswFsBlk" "avast! mini-filter driver (aswFsBlk)" "(Verified) AVAST Software" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswfsblk.sys"
+ "aswFW" "avast! TDI Firewall driver" "(Verified) AVAST Software" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswfw.sys"
+ "aswKbd" "avast! keyboard filter driver (aswKbd)" "(Verified) AVAST Software" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswkbd.sys"
+ "aswMon2" "avast! Standard Shield Support" "(Verified) AVAST Software" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswmon2.sys"
+ "aswNdis2" "avast! Firewall Core Firewall Service" "(Verified) AVAST Software" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswndis2.sys"
+ "AswRdr" "avast! TDI Redirect driver" "(Verified) AVAST Software" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswrdr.sys"
+ "aswSnx" "avast! virtualization driver (aswSnx)" "(Verified) AVAST Software" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswsnx.sys"
+ "aswSP" "avast! Self Protection" "(Verified) AVAST Software" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswsp.sys"
+ "aswTdi" "avast! Network Shield TDI driver" "(Verified) AVAST Software" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswtdi.sys"
X "Changer" "" "" "File not found: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\Changer.sys"
X "i2omgmt" "" "" "File not found: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\i2omgmt.sys"
X "lbrtfdc" "" "" "File not found: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\lbrtfdc.sys"
+ "MASPINT" "Aspi32 Driver" "(Not verified) MicroStaff Co.,Ltd." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\maspint.sys"
+ "NTSIM" "Network Device Monitor Utility" "(Not verified) VIA Networking Technologies, Inc. " "c:\windows\system32\ntsim.sys"
X "PCIDump" "" "" "File not found: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\PCIDump.sys"
X "PDCOMP" "" "" "File not found: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\PDCOMP.sys"
X "PDFRAME" "" "" "File not found: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\PDFRAME.sys"
X "PDRELI" "" "" "File not found: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\PDRELI.sys"
X "PDRFRAME" "" "" "File not found: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\PDRFRAME.sys"
X "WDICA" "" "" "File not found: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\WDICA.sys"
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32" "" "" ""
+ "MIDI1" "SynthCore R2.0 Midi Interface Driver" "(Not verified) SoundMAX" "c:\windows\system32\syncor11.dll"
"HKCU\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Classes\Filter" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Filter" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Classes\CLSID\{083863F1-70DE-11d0-BD40-00A0C911CE86}\Instance" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Wow6432Node\Classes\CLSID\{083863F1-70DE-11d0-BD40-00A0C911CE86}\Instance" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Classes\CLSID\{AC757296-3522-4E11-9862-C17BE5A1767E}\Instance" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Wow6432Node\Classes\CLSID\{AC757296-3522-4E11-9862-C17BE5A1767E}\Instance" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Classes\CLSID\{7ED96837-96F0-4812-B211-F13C24117ED3}\Instance" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Wow6432Node\Classes\CLSID\{7ED96837-96F0-4812-B211-F13C24117ED3}\Instance" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Classes\CLSID\{ABE3B9A4-257D-4B97-BD1A-294AF496222E}\Instance" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Wow6432Node\Classes\CLSID\{ABE3B9A4-257D-4B97-BD1A-294AF496222E}\Instance" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID\{083863F1-70DE-11d0-BD40-00A0C911CE86}\Instance" "" "" ""
X "ATI Ticker" "" "" "c:\program files\ati technologies\ati.ace\graphics-previews-common\ticker.ax"
+ "HP VTK Frame Grabber Filter" "VideoToolKit" "(Not Verified) Hewlett-Packard Development Co. L.P." "c:\program files\common files\hp\digital imaging\bin\hpqvtk01.dll"
+ "HP VTK MPEG-1 Encoder" "VideoToolKit" "(Not verified) Hewlett-Packard Development Co. L.P." "c:\program files\common files\hp\digital imaging\bin\hpqvtk01.dll"
+ "HP VTK Resize Filter" "VideoToolKit" "(Not Verified) Hewlett-Packard Development Co. L.P." "c:\program files\common files\hp\digital imaging\bin\hpqvtk01.dll"
+ "HP VTK Rotate Filter" "VideoToolKit" "(Not Verified) Hewlett-Packard Development Co. L.P." "c:\program files\common files\hp\digital imaging\bin\hpqvtk01.dll"
X "MMACE Deinterlace" "" "" "c:\program files\ati technologies\ati.ace\graphics-previews-common\mmacefilters.dll"
X "MMACE ProcAmp" "" "" "c:\program files\ati technologies\ati.ace\graphics-previews-common\mmacefilters.dll"
X "MMACE SoftEmu" "" "" "c:\program files\ati technologies\ati.ace\graphics-previews-common\mmacefilters.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Classes\CLSID\{083863F1-70DE-11d0-BD40-00A0C911CE86}\Instance" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID\{AC757296-3522-4E11-9862-C17BE5A1767E}\Instance" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Classes\CLSID\{AC757296-3522-4E11-9862-C17BE5A1767E}\Instance" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID\{7ED96837-96F0-4812-B211-F13C24117ED3}\Instance" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Classes\CLSID\{7ED96837-96F0-4812-B211-F13C24117ED3}\Instance" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID\{ABE3B9A4-257D-4B97-BD1A-294AF496222E}\Instance" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Classes\CLSID\{ABE3B9A4-257D-4B97-BD1A-294AF496222E}\Instance" "" "" ""
"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\BootExecute" "" "" ""
"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SetupExecute" "" "" ""
"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Execute" "" "" ""
"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\S0InitialCommand" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor\Autorun" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Command Processor\Autorun" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor\Autorun" "" "" ""
"HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Exefile\Shell\Open\Command\(Default)" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Exefile\Shell\Open\Command\(Default)" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Classes\.exe" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Classes\.exe" "" "" ""
"HKLM\Software\Classes\.cmd" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Software\Classes\.cmd" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\Appinit_Dlls" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\Appinit_Dlls" "" "" ""
"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\AppCertDlls" "" "" ""
"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\KnownDlls" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\ServiceControllerStart" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\LsaStart" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\GinaDLL" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Taskman" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\UIHost" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\System" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SaveDumpStart" "" "" ""
"HKCU\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Control Panel\Desktop\Scrnsave.exe" "" "" ""
"HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\Scrnsave.exe" "" "" ""
"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\BootVerificationProgram\ImagePath" "" "" ""
"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinSock2\Parameters\Protocol_Catalog9\Catalog_Entries" "" "" ""
"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinSock2\Parameters\NameSpace_Catalog5\Catalog_Entries" "" "" ""
"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinSock2\Parameters\Protocol_Catalog9\Catalog_Entries64" "" "" ""
"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinSock2\Parameters\NameSpace_Catalog5\Catalog_Entries64" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SecurityProviders" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Authentication Packages" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Notification Packages" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Security Packages" "" "" ""
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\NetworkProvider\Order" "" "" ""

#12 ronald.teng

ronald.teng

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:36 PM

It must be something from the Registry, download this software http://www.bluesprig.com/jetclean.html. Let me know how it went.

#13 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,567 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:13 AM

It must be something from the Registry, download this software http://www.bluesprig.com/jetclean.html. Let me know how it went.

Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons:
  • Registry cleaners are extremely powerful applications that can damage the registry by using aggressive cleaning routines and cause your computer to become unbootable.

The Windows registry is a central repository (database) for storing configuration data, user settings and machine-dependent settings, and options for the operating system. It contains information and settings for all hardware, software, users, and preferences. Whenever a user makes changes to settings, file associations, system policies, or installed software, the changes are reflected and stored in this repository. The registry is a crucial component because it is where Windows "remembers" all this information, how it works together, how Windows boots the system and what files it uses when it does. The registry is also a vulnerable subsystem, in that relatively small changes done incorrectly can render the system inoperable. For a more detailed explanation, read Understanding The Registry.
  • Not all registry cleaners are created equal. There are a number of them available but they do not all work entirely the same way. Each vendor uses different criteria as to what constitutes a "bad entry". One cleaner may find entries on your system that will not cause problems when removed, another may not find the same entries, and still another may want to remove entries required for a program to work.
  • Not all registry cleaners create a backup of the registry before making changes. If the changes prevent the system from booting up, then there is no backup available to restore it in order to regain functionality. A backup of the registry is essential BEFORE making any changes to the registry.
  • Improperly removing registry entries can hamper malware disinfection and make the removal process more difficult if your computer becomes infected. For example, removing malware related registry entries before the infection is properly identified can contribute to system instability and even make the malware undetectable to removal tools.
  • The usefulness of cleaning the registry is highly overrated and can be dangerous. In most cases, using a cleaner to remove obsolete, invalid, and erroneous entries does not affect system performance but it can result in "unpredictable results".

Unless you have a particular problem that requires a registry edit to correct it, I would suggest you leave the registry alone. Using registry cleaning tools unnecessarily or incorrectly could lead to disastrous effects on your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. For routine use, the benefits to your computer are negligible while the potential risks are great.Louis

#14 streim

streim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

Thank you Louis. I purchased from Symantec Registry Mechanic last November because a tech friend told me to use it. Needless to say, I uninstalled several months later when I was having issues with Avast. I won't use any tools on the Registry. But what am I to do. This other poster (ronald.teng) said after looking at my Speccy and autoruns that it was a registry issue. However, no one has looked at them and given me any further help. I still do not know what's wrong with my system. :huh:
I would be very pleased to have someone help me out here. Thanks
Streim

#15 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,567 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

Well...the first thing to do at any forum or other situation where anyone can say anything...is to assess the plausibility/reliability of the speaker/writer...to make the statements he/she makes. Although every member may intend to assist with their comments...not every post is headed in that direction.

My basic rule when participating in any forum...is to assess the creds of the members making comments. Any member can take a look at previous participation...individual posts by another member...and so on...and determine if such pass the most obvious tests. I also look at manner presented (preferring literacy and organization over rambling)...and I recognize that many members feel that obvious answers to that which they do not comprehend...lends itself to "quick fix" solutions and/or the assumption that "it must be malware."

I will also say that...comments by those with a record of providing assistance in the past...is a good indicator, IMO, while also recognizing that new intelligence/knowledge comes into the forum daily.

If you scan the various posts/topics in a given forum...you can quickly assess the quality of suggestions/comments that are made by those seemingly dedicated to assisting.

And...while not infallible or all-knowing...the BC Staff (notably the Advisors) are here to help and have proven track records indicating such.

Each person must find their own technique for judging/evaluating quality of suggestion/comment...I can only tell you how I do it :).

Lastly...you should try to remember...computers are very sophisticated devices, employing sophisticated programs. When things go wrong with a computer system, there could be hardware, software, or malware issues. When you state your sitution, you provide the minimal amount of information that may be necessary to give someone an idea of what the problem (assuming there's only one) "might" be...not what it is. For someone to read the data you provide and make an analysis (as opposed to guess) of what might be the problem...well, it's done without seeing the computer or having the ability to test this or test that.

Troubleshooting with hands-on is not a science. Troubleshooting without hands-on is more difficult.

It may seem to you as if there ought to be easy answers to computer problems...sometimes there are, sometimes there aren't.

As or data requested...members do request or review the same data in the same way. What one person thinks may provide clues...may not be useful to someone else, their experience/knowledge may lead in a different direction.

Generally...I think that...when members see a topic going down a certain path with the OP responding to another member...they sit back and wait for that path to be abandoned or concluded successfully before commenting in the topic. I think of it as a courtesy, but it may not be the best thing for the OP. It happens.

I butted in because I saw a comment as "bad advice", not because I can tell you why your boot time is slow :).

You made several comments hinting at malware, but you countered that by saying that you don't know much about computers. If your problems began with Windows Update...that's kind of a circle, IMO...since Windows Update and malware are not synonymous.

On the other hand...users having problems because of or with Windows Update...are ubiquitous.

What I would suggest...if your problems truly began with an update from Microsoft...try running the chkdsk /r command on your Windows partition.

Start/Run...type chkdsk /r and hit Enter. Type Y in new screen and hit Enter. Reboot your system, the command will execute a file check before booting into Windows.

If your problem began with something other than Windows Update and you suspect/know that your system is infected...you need to tell us that and we can move your topic to an appropriate forum.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users