Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Oh computer, i loathe you so. (Virus HELPP)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FrackinComputer

FrackinComputer

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

Alright. I have a dell optiplex gx 280
It's running XP pro, 4 gbs ram and stock everything else, except the hard drive which is 700gb.
For one, It sounds like a jet plane. It's ridiculous, but i don't think there's anyhting I can do about that.
And second, I know for a fact babylon search is seriously infested in my computer, why? I don't know.
I deleted the toolbar but it still appears. I use firefox, and would prefer to not use IE but thetoolbar does not show up on there either.I went in about:config and change my defualts but i know this only masks the problem.
I have run Spybot S&D and came back weith nothing.
On the other hand on the startup programs, I have disabled one or two that Spybot says are virus yet, they show up no where else.
The boyfriend works on computers for a living so I do have extended knowledge on the topic, but CANNOT for the life of me figure this one out.
So when all else fails, i run to combofix. Because I love it. It's been around two hours now and it seems to be stuck at deleting C:\WINDOWS\Installer\<01bd8f83-3876-7fe4-53ef-53e1f0dc7780>
I have run combofix before and not had problems. All other programs are detecting nothing.
All suggestions will be appreciated, I do have access to my windows disks but would prefer not having to do that.
Quick replies are MUCH appreiciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FrackinComputer

FrackinComputer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

Update: The computer freaked out.
I had to restart the scan.
Its currently on stage 34.
It's become stuck at stage 50.
-_-

Edited by FrackinComputer, 15 October 2012 - 06:41 PM.

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

Do Not Attempt to fix this Yourself - Read below ......................

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== do steps 6-9

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

#4 FrackinComputer

FrackinComputer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

Is that legit? I'm at wit's end with this one and will be very upset if i'm being jacked around.

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

No one is screwing with you - The open forum area is not for Malware / Infection problems -

The only area to post in at this time is the Malware Removal area (as linked) - They can diagnose your problem, and take the required actions -

Please follow the links to the Malware Removal Forum area - Please be patient, as there can be a build up of problems at times -

If you can not create the requested logs, please post your topic and explain your problem -

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users