Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HiJackThis Log

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 stonemanjr

stonemanjr

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

Can someone help me read a HiJack this log. When I went thru it there are a number of lines that say (file missing) and we are just not sure what is up? The reason we were checking is that we had some internet connection difficulty that has since been repaired-cleaned but I am not sure what the Log file is reporting and am usually fairly familiar with what is in there. Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

Is this related to your topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic470529.html/

If so let us know and we will see if we can get the topic reopened. It was closed due to lack of response from you.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 stonemanjr

stonemanjr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

What? Uh can someone answer my question?

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

What? Uh can someone answer my question?

The WHAT is Animal asking you a question, which you did not answer.

I'll answer your question.

Someone will help you with the log since you posted it 5 minutes after your 2nd post in this topic.

Since the log was posted in the wrong forum it was moved from Windows 7 to Malware Removal Logs. You can click the topic link on the main Windows 7 page to be taken to it.

You must not have seen this posted at the top of the Windows 7 forum

No DDS, HijackThis, or ComboFix logs should be posted in this forum

Unfortunately, with the amount of logs we receive per day, the average response time is 5 days. I want to assure you, though, that your topic will be looked at and responded to. So please be patient.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html

I also noticed that you did not include anything in the log post concerning the issue you are having. It's very helpful for that to be included so the team member helping you will have an idea of what he/she will be dealing with.