Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Extended Screen Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 elmera

elmera

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

When using the extended screen program in Win 7 all works well except Excell. When I click on the title bar and hold the mouse button down in Excell the window will not move. Any other program the window will move when doing the above.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 millipede

millipede

• Members
  • 649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

I don't have excell so I can't test that myself. What I do know is that in general you can't move a window that is maximized. I just told my pc to show extended desktop and tried to drag my firefox. It automatically took itself out of being maximized when I did that. Basically, in the top right of the screen there's a symbol that is a - used to minimize your window to the taskbar. Next to that is a square or a square over a square. I forget what it is called to change that, it's not maximize or minimize obviously... when your window is half the size of your screen, or anything BUT full, there's a single square there and clicking is will maximize the window so it takes up the whole screen. Once it is full, there's two squares there, one over the other, and clicking it will shrink it down to a smaller, adjustable size. (this is all in the top right corner next to the X to close the window)
Like I said, when I tired to move firefox, it automatically shrank itself down.
If you haven't already, I would click that box and shrink excel to anything but full screen. My guess is that would do it and you should be able to drag it anywhere you want.
I hope it's that simple as that's all I can think of at the moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users