Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screens on a fresh Win7 install

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dayzmae

dayzmae

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

Hi, here is the situation. A little history first, I just upgraded this computer for someone from vista to windows 7 (32 bit). I have worked on this computer before, it is a gateway fx7020, I put a better video card in it to improve his gaming some. Everything has been running fine until his AV ran out and lo and behold he contracted the FBI warning virus. I got rid of all that (while it still had vista on it) then talked him into venturing into windows 7. I loaded it from a retail disk, did the custom install (for some reason it would not let me upgrade from vista to 7?)

Anyway, all of the drivers loaded fine, except for the video card, which i installed manually, seemed to not have any issues. So with no device manager conflicts and everything looking good, I ran it for a day or 2, loaded up his Dishonored and couple other games he plays, and it ran like a spotted ape all weekend long, not the first sign of a problem.

He takes it to his house and hooks it up early this morning and tells me that he is getting blue screens. They seem to be just at random (keep in mind I do not have the machine in front of me now). However he was able to send me the 2 dump files from the minidump folder. I am not completely sure how to read them, other than going to google, so I thought if I could get some help deciphering his sudden catastrophe that would be great.

I have attached the 2 zip files he sent me.

Let me know if you need any more info, thanks alot :whistle:

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users