Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wireless not working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pntball650

pntball650

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

I am trying to fix a friend's computer and have done just about everything that I can think of to fix it now I am stumped. The laptop is a toshiba satellite running windows 7 home prem.... It will not find any wireless signals to connect to. Initially wired connections would not work either but I have resolved that issue. Also an additional, possibly unrelated issue is when I click on the wireless icon and click troubleshoot it says "An error occurred while trouble shooting: A problem is preventing the troubleshooter from starting" view error details yields Package ID: unknown Path: C:\windows\diagnostics\system\networking Error Code: 0x800B010E Source: Engine User: ME-PC\ME Context: Elevated

The wireless card is a Realtek RTL8191SE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC. Device manager as well as Network connections shows it as performing fine. I know that the modem as well as router is all working fine.

So far I have:

uninstalled and reinstalled the driver
Startup repair
SFC /SCANNOW
netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ipv4 reset
netsh int ipv6 reset

any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

Hi -
This is about all I can find from M/soft -

Error code 0x800B010E is usually relevant to the old version of .NETFramework installed on your system.
By default, the built-in version ofMicorosoft .NET Framework is 3.5.1. You can reinstall Microsoft .NETFramework 3.5 Service Pack 1 through the following steps:

Step 1:

1 ) Click the Start and type: "features" in the Search box.
2 ) Select "Turn Windows Features on or off " and click Enter.
3 ) Find Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 and uncheck the box.
4 ) Restart the computer.
5 ) Repeat the step 1) to step 2.
6 ) Check the box before Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1.
7 ) Restart the computer.

Step 2:

If the issue persists, then I suggest you to perform the process by booting the computer in Clean Boot and check.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=929135

Note: Follow the step 7 to restart your computer as usual.

Good luck -

EDIT - Spell error -

Edited by noknojon, 15 October 2012 - 08:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users