Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Freezing after boot and before Shutdown

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Folfer

Folfer

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:38 AM

I'm having an issue with my computer locking up just after the desktop loads on the boot up. I can move the mouse but nothing on the desktop is accessible. I can't click any icons or the start menu. I've found that if I leave it alone for a few minutes it will start working. The same happens if I try to shut down the computer. However, I left it for about 30 minutes and it never shut down so I had to force it down.

Don't know if it is related, but performance speeds have seemed to lag over the last few weeks. I've run several virus and malware scans to no avail. I've also cleared some old programs, cleared temp files, and most of the other tips under the "Slow Computer" thread. I'm running a defrag now hoping to clear some things. I'm not sure if it is a malware issue or just a glitch in the system.

Let me know what to do.
Folfer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users