Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Hear Fan on Startup

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 schmooie

schmooie

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:10 AM

Maybe it's just my imagination but I swear when I use to start my computer I could hear the nice sound of the fans kicking on(they were somewhat loud, but not crazy loud). A few days ago I went to start my PC and it was silent but the computer still turned on fine. I can see somewhat inside the case so I checked the graphics card fan and the PSU fan - they seem to be working fine. I also notice while playing a game I normally do that my FPS is very jumpy where it use to not be. What can be the cause of this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:37 AM

I checked the graphics card fan and the PSU fan - they seem to be working fine

one more ,make sure the processor[CPU] fan is working and make sure all fans clear of dust buildup

Edited by caperjac, 16 October 2012 - 05:14 AM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 kalarita

kalarita

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

that happened to me once.fans are working but little sound at last it shown up.it caused me to replace my powerunit(powerunit fan finished its works)

#4 schmooie

schmooie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

Opened the computer case - All internal fans are working(Including the processor). Any more suggestions? Thanks.

(PS. I also spray dusted the inside of the PC. Fans and all. Still the same problems.)

Edited by schmooie, 15 October 2012 - 07:43 PM.

#5 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:15 AM

I checked the graphics card fan and the PSU fan - they seem to be working fine

ok the fans working, but is the card getting hot to touch

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#6 schmooie

schmooie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:06 AM

I'm not too safe about touching it but SpeedFan is reading temperatures of 60-61 while idle and spiking up to 68-70 when I'm playing the game I normally do. Is that too hot?(That's for the graphics card. The core is only reading 40)I think the problem may be the graphics card.

Edited by schmooie, 17 October 2012 - 07:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users