Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

If This System Any Good

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 19 March 2006 - 01:41 PM

Hi,
I would like to build myself a good gaming system and since I go to alot of LAN Parties I like to be portable.

I found this barebone system on a website http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku...facture=Shuttle and I think it is pretty good. I can put a NVidia 6800 graphics card and it has gigabit LAN.

Was just wondering if anyone had any experience with it and what you guys think about it. I was thinking of putting an AMD 3700+ processor in it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 19 March 2006 - 06:39 PM

Make sure it has a big enough power supply and it is well vented for the hardware you are going to add. Remember heat kills electronics.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 19 March 2006 - 06:47 PM

It's got a 350 Watt and I heard that shuttle PSU are very good and by looking at the pictures it looks like there are some nice big grills on each side...

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 19 March 2006 - 07:49 PM

Need to watch how much RAM Video and the kind and amount of cooling. Most game rigs I have seen start with 450w and many don't recommend less than 500w. You will not be putting the rest of te componants on this unit, right? Just gaming not everything else?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users