Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Slow & Getting Slower

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cacw

cacw

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

Getting slower and slower. If I try to open something it times out. I've opened the unit and cleaned out the inside, I've defragged, I've run scans. Often images won't show when I open my email. Usually hangs up when trying to open anything. Don't know very much about computers. I'm at a loss! I've used AVG, switched to MSE, used Spybot. I use Firefox, hardly use IE. Please help. HP, Pentium® Dual-Core CPU, 64 Bit Operating System, 4 GB RAM. Please Help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

Have you run full system scans with BOTH MSE and MalwareBytes? If not, please do.

Also, What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users