Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

vista sucks

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Joetech

Joetech

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

My wife bought a HP dv6000 laptop with Vista Home Premium Sp2 on it. Worst Opsys ever. Last soummer I tried to dump the operating system and install XP. It wouldn't let me do it. It is 32 bit. Computer has a Intel t5300 1.73 gig processor and 1 gb of Ram. This computer takes forever to turn on and Firefox completely stopped working last year. She them started using IE it also bogged down so much it became unusable. We then went to Chrome which worked for a while. When she tries to read her e-mail (she hasn't been about to use it for a month)she has over 300 new messages, mostly junk, she marks 4 or so messages for deletion and the computer completely freezes solid. Nothing works. I see on this forum that others have tried re-intalling vista etc and it still doesn't work.
Ideally all VISTA users should sue Microsoft for mental anguish and the replacement cost of computers that have been thrown against the wall. However, barring that unlikely event, I would like to: A)Install XP an operating system that actually works, or B) cure this problem once and for all.
I've run anti malware and avast and found nothing of real concern. I did have Aviva protection on it but that was getting in the way. Aviva works fine on XP which I have on this newer laptop I am typing this on and on my desktop.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,663 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

There is no reason to blame everything on Microsoft.
In your case what sucks is your computer :)

Vista to run smoothly needs at least 2GB of RAM. You have just 1GB.
Dual core CPU would help as well.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 NoLuck1000

NoLuck1000

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

There is no reason to blame everything on Microsoft.
In your case what sucks is your computer :)

Vista to run smoothly needs at least 2GB of RAM. You have just 1GB.
Dual core CPU would help as well.

Bingo !!! It's sad that Vista has the bad rep but i much preferred it over Win XP

#4 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 956 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

True Vista is a poor OS but don't blame it totally, as suggested you need to update the RAM to at least 2GB. Mine is a 1.73 gig processor and I have 2GB of RAM and mine works ok apart from IE 8.0 crashing. Don't say change to FireFox.

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users