Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Taskbar of Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Quote

• Banned
  • 173 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:50 AM

Hello,

Can I make my taskbar of Windows 7 so that it is transparant and I can see my desktop into it? I found a program Chameleon Window Manager, is that good? How must I set it up then?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 R0D3R1CK

R0D3R1CK

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

I'm not familiar with the program you found, but you could try the following...

1. Right-click on your desktop
2. Select Personalize
3. Click "Window Color" (it's along the bottom)
4. Enable Transparency and set the Color Intensity to the minimum (fully left)
5. Save changes if you like what it's done (you should see your desktop image; though slightly blurred).

-r0d3r1ck

#3 Quote

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 173 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:29 AM

Can I hide the taskbar that you only see icons?

#4 R0D3R1CK

R0D3R1CK

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

If you're talking about the icons on the taskbar itself, I don't believe the taskbar can be changed that significantly. However, you might be interested in enabling "auto-hide" for the taskbar. This will make the taskbar hide itself when your mouse pointer isn't near it.

To enable it, right-click on the taskbar and select "properties." Look around the window that comes up for "auto-hide"

#5 Quote

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 173 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:20 PM

If you're talking about the icons on the taskbar itself, I don't believe the taskbar can be changed that significantly. However, you might be interested in enabling "auto-hide" for the taskbar. This will make the taskbar hide itself when your mouse pointer isn't near it.

To enable it, right-click on the taskbar and select "properties." Look around the window that comes up for "auto-hide"

But then you don't not see the icons. xD

#6 R0D3R1CK

R0D3R1CK

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

:)
You do, but only when your mouse pointer is near the bottom of the screen (assuming your taskbar is along the bottom)

#7 Quote

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 173 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:03 AM

:)
You do, but only when your mouse pointer is near the bottom of the screen (assuming your taskbar is along the bottom)

Yes, but then are the icons also hidden. I think I let it so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users