Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No license key after OS restore

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 IT_N8

IT_N8

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:33 PM

Working on a friend's laptop where the HD crashed. I cloned the bad HD to the new one successfully, but it still wouldn't boot. I re-installed windows 7 from an ISO image i found online, however, the license key wore off the bottom of the PC and my buddy can't find it in the box. So now, I'm trying to decide what the best option is. I spoke w/ Toshiba support and they recommended buying the recovery discs, which would have the license key embedded on the restore cd. I've also heard that you can purchase a replacement key through Microsoft. I still have the "Toshiba recovery media creator" files from the bad HD, but not sure what I files I should put on the cd to restore. Any recommendations on what path is best would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nate

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users