Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kyra

Kyra

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:50 PM

I was just on my computer and the mouse quit working. It is a wireless mouse, so first I changed the battery. Still not working. Then I plugged the wireless thingie (sorry can't remember the name) into a different port, and the mouse then started to work. Then a couple seconds later the keyboard stopped working - I tried to type but nothing typed on the screen. I was in Google when this happened. Then I tried to run a scan from malwarebytes and microsoft security essentials, and I could not do a scan. It scanned for about 2 seconds on each of them and it said the scan was complete. Not so, as only 2 files were allowed to be scanned. So then I decided I should shut-down the computer, and the screen said "Do not power-off or unplug as you need to complete 1 of 1 upload. (This was the regular blue screen, and regular white writing I typically see.) Well, since I didn't have anything that I requested to upload, I shut it down and unplugged it. Help? Is this a virus?

Update Sunday Oct. 14 at 7:43 am: I ran Trend Household Online Virus scan and found nothing. Then I ran Dr. Web and have found several viruses. One of the viruses is a Trojan.AVKill.23812. The other things found so far are script viruses and Adware.Bandoo.4. Dr. Web did not find these in the Express scan, but now in the complete scan. Scan is still running.

Update Sunday Oct. 14 at 1:52 pm: I also now ran Malwarebytes (I reloaded it from bleeping computer website) and found no threats. Then I ran SuperAntiSpyware and found 33 items, Adware.TrackingCookie and had them removed.

My mouse and keyboard are working fine right now, but how do I know if the threats are gone?

Edited by Kyra, 14 October 2012 - 01:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kyra

Kyra
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

I use Windows 7.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users