Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can anyone interpret (hijack)this?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 beezow

beezow

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 23:34:17, on 13/10/2012
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\stacsv.exe
C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\avastUI.exe
C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\sttray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\AESTFltr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Sjefen\Application Data\Spotify\Data\SpotifyWebHelper.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Sjefen\My Documents\Downloads\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
O2 - BHO: avast! WebRep - {8E5E2654-AD2D-48bf-AC2D-D17F00898D06} - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\aswWebRepIE.dll
O3 - Toolbar: avast! WebRep - {8E5E2654-AD2D-48bf-AC2D-D17F00898D06} - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\aswWebRepIE.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast] "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\avastUI.exe" /nogui
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SysTrayApp] %ProgramFiles%\IDT\WDM\sttray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AESTFltr] %SystemRoot%\system32\AESTFltr.exe /NoDlg
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spotify Web Helper] "C:\Documents and Settings\Sjefen\Application Data\Spotify\Data\SpotifyWebHelper.exe"
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - AVAST Software - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate) (gupdate) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdatem) (gupdatem) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: Audio Service (STacSV) - IDT, Inc. - C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\stacsv.exe

--
End of file - 4116 bytes

Is there anything here to indicate that I have a problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I run a Dell Latitude with Windows XP, and since I was handed the PC from a friend I have no idea what's on it, nor the expertise to distinguish possible threats...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 M-K-D-B

M-K-D-B

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,598 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:26 AM

:welcome: to BleepingComputer.

My name is Matthias and I'll help you with the cleanup of your computer.

Please be aware of the following:
  • Please complete all steps in the specified order.
  • Even if tools don't find malware, I want you to post the logfiles anyway.
  • Please copy and paste the logfiles directly into your posts. Please do not attach them unless you are instructed to do so.
  • Read the instructions carefully. If you have problems, stop what you were doing and describe the problems you encountered as precisely as you can.
  • Don't install or uninstall software during the cleanup unless you are told to do so.
  • If you can't answer for the next few days, please let me know. If you haven't answered within 5 days, I am assuming that you don't need help anymore and your topic will be closed.
  • I can not guarantee that we will find and be able to remove all malware. Formatting is usually faster and always the safest way.
  • If you decide to clean your PC, work with us until a team member tells you that you are clean.
  • As my first language is not English, please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to understand.

The HijackThis logfile looks clean, but it gives us only a little insight of the computer.
Are there any kind of malware related problems? If so, please describe them.
Are you interested in further analysis of this computer?

Regards,
M-K-D-B

#3 M-K-D-B

M-K-D-B

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,598 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

Hi,

do you still need help with you computer?
If you don't respond within the next 48 hours, your topic will be closed.
Regards,
M-K-D-B

#4 M-K-D-B

M-K-D-B

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,598 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.
Regards,
M-K-D-B

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users